Code of Conduct (updated April 2021)
Vancouver Asian Film Festival (“VAFF“) is committed to providing a safer, more inclusive, respectful environment. Everyone has the right to fair and equitable treatment.
This code of conduct will apply to all VAFF activities, events, and platforms, whether in-person or online (collectively, the “VAFF Events“). Everyone, including staff, members, volunteers, invited delegates and members of the public, has the right to express their opinions free of harassment, discrimination, sexism, and threatening or disrespectful behaviour from others. Harassment can take many forms including, but not limited to:
- offensive verbal or online comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, physical acts, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, national identity or religion;
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of films, talks or other events; or
- inappropriate messages or physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention or advances;
VAFF invites everyone engaging with VAFF to take an active role through leading by example, looking out for those around you, and contributing to a respectful and inclusive atmosphere.
At the sole discretion of VAFF, VAFF reserves the right to refuse entry or revoke accreditation to any VAFF Events, including online spaces that VAFF hosts without refund and without notice for those who engage in such conduct. VAFF also reserves the right to ban the violator from any future VAFF Events.
If you experience a violation of this Code of Conduct at any VAFF Events, please alert a VAFF staff immediately and it will be handled in a respectful and swift manner. Concerns can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Asian Film Festival
#367 – 1350 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 0C2
Email Address: email@example.com