Social Media Specialist
OVERVIEW: The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the creation and publishing of content on VAFF’s social media channels. The Social Media Specialist will increase VAFF’s online brand awareness in order to attract, engage and inspire existing and new members and/or potential sponsors year-round.
- Maintain social media accounts to engage and grow our audiences on platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Post and re-sharing hot topics and articles within 24 hours.
- Stay abreast of news and updates regarding North American Asian talent in film and media.
- Assist with copywriting and content creation.
- Utilize listening tools to monitor, share, respond to and moderate social media conversations on managed platforms.
- Liaise with influencers, bloggers and the general public.
- Participate in team meeting(s)
REPORTS TO: Social Media Manager / Coordinator
- This role is good for someone who:
- Exceptional copywriting skills and verbal communication skills
- At least 2 year of experience on using social media platforms.
- The ability to stay up-to-date with digital technology trends, new developments, and opportunities in the industry.
- Some Experience tracking and reporting on key metrics.
- An interest in multicultural pop culture e.g. film and tv celebrities, controversies surrounding Asians in media, etc.
- Passion to help the Asian community grow and succeed in the film and media industry.