Programmer (Feature Film or Short Film)
OVERVIEW: Working within Festival Programming Team
- Researching and soliciting film submissions for the festival.
- Viewing and assessing assigned films (two sections – features or shorts), Each section; depending on category, a target volume of roughly 50 films per section over the course of the programming cycle). Vote on and provide notes (if required) on each film title.
- Working with the Programming Committee, help with the selection of films for the Festival by watching either Short or Feature films, or both, submitted online, making recommendations and conducting team discussions. Active period is generally March to the end of August.
- Meeting with the Programming Committee to determine actual programming, including fixing the number of programs for our November Film Festival
- Contribute to the discussion of potential program themes, panel topic, based on the overall festival theme for the year
- Recommend films to speciality programming streams/curated programs as appropriate|
- Curate films for additional screenings throughout the year and any additional in partnership with sponsors or community supporters
- Responsible for helping proof the online and print program guide, as required
- Be prepared to lead introductions and Q&A sessions at film screenings
- Contribute to overall festival strategy, including special events, jury and speciality programming
- Experience using Google Drive
- Experience using FilmFreeway
REPORTS TO: Festival Director and Programming Director
- This role is good for someone who:
- Has at least 2 year of experience in an Arts & Culture, Films programming or/and Film making Industry
- Has an eye for detail