CONGRATULATIONS to all our awards winners and 19 MAMM finalists. Thank you to everyone who attended in person and tuned in virtually to our #MAMM17 Screening & Awards Gala!
The winners of our adjudicated prizes (awarded by our judges Aaron Au, Diana Bang and Christopher Yip)
- Best PERFORMANCE for Ultra Short: Avery Bantog of Ollie Bear
- Best PERFORMANCE for Short: Lissa Neptuno of Little Manila
- Best SCREENPLAY for Ultra Short: Solara Thanh-Binh Dang of Lệ
- Best SCREENPLAY for Short: Arthur Rodger ‘Harley’ Maranan of Little Manilla
- Best CINEMATOGRAPHY for Ultra Short: DOP Cathy Ye of Food for Ah Lan
- Best CINEMATOGRAPHY for Short: 𝐃𝐎𝐏 Rachel Chen of The Mess We’re In
- Best FIRST TIME DIRECTOR for Ultra Short: Mika Bantog of Ollie Bear
- Best FIRST TIME DIRECTOR for Short: Vivian Cheung of For Roy
- Best DIRECTOR for Ultra Short: Kevin Jin Kwan Kim of Daniel “Jun Ho” Lee
- Best DIRECTOR for Short: Jamie Lam of The Mess We’re In
- Best FILM for Ultra Short: Daniel “Jun Ho” Lee by Team Mireu (Kevin Jin Kwan Kim)
- Best FILM for Short: The Mess We’re In by Team XS (Jamie Lam)
Our audience also voted to determine the People’s Choice Awards for…
- Best Overall Performance for Ultra Short: Ollie Bear
- Best Overall Performance for Short: The Mess We’re In
- Best Overall Ultra Short: Ollie Bear by Mika Bantog
- Best Overall Short: For Roy
Thank you to all 19 teams for beautifully showing us REPRESENTATIONS for this year’s competition — the winning shorts will be showcased at the 26th Annual Vancouver Film Festival (November 3-13, 2022).
That’s a wrap!
Join our conversation!! @VAFFvancouver | #MAMM17 | #VAFF